Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas from Tellers of Weird Tales!

I have looked through image after image for the right one to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. This one, created by Margaret Brundage for an issue published eighty years ago this month, is it. It even says Dec. 25 in the upper right corner. But if someone in a red outfit comes to your house that evening, you sure don't want it to be this guy. A jolly old elf would be much better.


Merry Christmas To All! 

Text copyright 2013, 2023 Terence E. Hanley

2 comments:

  1. recently found your blog; it's great! keep it going!

    Have you thought about doing reviews of issues of WT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thomas,

    Thanks, I plan on keeping it going. I have estimated that there were about 700 authors who wrote for Weird Tales. I have written biographies of about 280 of those authors. There is still a lot to tell.

    I have thought about writing reviews of stories from Weird Tales, but I wouldn't be able to do reviews of whole issues because I have only a few issues myself.

    Thanks for writing and Merry Christmas.

    TH

    ReplyDelete